Thursday, May 2, 2019
9:00 – 12:00
Registration Fee: $50
Jeanne Weis MN, RN, CHPCN(c) & Glenda Tarnowski, MA, LPN(OR), CHE
This learning session provides a hands-on professional development workshop focused on supporting an understanding and experience of the core concepts of leadership in a caring environment. This interactive, practical, and dynamic session will explore the contributors to building the capacity of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) as leaders in the healthcare system. What does leadership identity mean? How do we create it? What does it mean to my own personal leadership journey?
- Exploration of leadership attributes, principles, and values.
- Leadership is an inside job!
- Building teams based on mutual respect and trust.
- We are all in this together! – Partnering with the inter-disciplinary team to improve care.
This workshop will generate a deeper understanding of:
- What it means to be a leader of self.
- The importance of leadership as a professional nurse.
- LPNs responsibility and accountability as leaders within the health system.
- How to become a champion for positive change.
An interactive presentation focused on building personal and professional leadership capacity in today’s healthcare system. A discussion on leadership development interspersed with reflective learning activities ideal for those who want to further develop their personal leadership capability, enhance communication skills, and enhance their capacity to tackle complex challenges in their personal and professional lives.