Thursday, May 2, 2019
13:00 – 16:00
Registration Fee: $50
Veronique Boscart (RN, PhD) & Linda Sheiban (RN, MSc)
InterRAI is an international collaborative network of researchers and health care providers in over 35 countries committed to improve the quality of life of vulnerable persons through a seamless comprehensive assessment system.
InterRAI promotes evidence-informed clinical practice and policy decision-making through the collection and interpretation of high-quality data about the characteristics and outcomes of persons served across a variety of health and social services settings (acute care, home care, long-term care and community care).
- To introduce gerontological nurses to the interRAI suite of assessments;
- To demonstrate the use and reliability of these assessments;
- To work through case studies to use interRAI assessments to inform gerontological care planning; and
- To discuss the use of interRAI assessments across the care continuum (community, acute care and long-term care) for older adults.
At the end of this workshop, gerontological nurses will have a better understanding of the following:
- What is interRAI?
- What are the different interRAI assessments?
- What do these interRAI assessments help determine?
- How to utilize interRAI assessment findings to inform care planning for older adults
Interactive presentation, starting out with knowledge dissemination (lecture) followed by case studies and a guided interactive discussion.